View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 19, 2006, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
why the attention on the sweatband worn over the bicep or all these fashion do's and dont's. As long as it doesn't put the players at harm, which I doubt these bands do, why such a big deal?

uniform rules and regulations should not get so much attention IMO. Some officials cannot grasp the difference between Basket Interference and goaltending but they sure can micromanage the uniforms being worn during a contest. I think more attention should be paid and addressed to officiating standards regarding rules and enforcement as well as possibly setting some sort of national ratings guidelines and methods by which associations should operate than worrying if bob is wearing a band over his bicep or not.

peace
Well deecee...
Let's just pretend you are the President of your Association and some of your members will be asking you these "micromanagement" questions. Will you be prepared to answer them with the FED ruling...or just tell them not to worry about it?

Let's also pretend you will be assigned to a State Tournament this year...do you want to be prepared with these "little" things, or do you think you should just ignore the FED wishes at the Ol' tournament.

I agree with you deecee...these fasion police things are sometimes irritating...but, there are a lot of good officials out there and sometimes knowledge of the "little" things can create some separation...if you know what I mean.
Richland, WA