View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 18, 2006, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
Team A is charged with a technical foul before the start of the game. While the ball is at the disposal of B1 for the first free throw, a double personal foul is assessed. Official re-administers the first free throw, and following the second free throw, awards team B the ball for a throw in at the division line.

As written, I suppose this question is true, but can anyone imagine this scenario? While a technical free throw is being shot two players on opposite teams tie up? I expect to find a question that involves a flying saucer before I get to the end.
Illeagal question because you can't have a personal foul during a technical foul free throw.

4-19-1 A personal foul is a player foul which involves illegal contact with an opponent while the ball is live, which hinders an opponent form performing normal defensive and offensive movements. A personal foul also includes contact by or on an airborne shooter when the ball is dead.

As we have no normal defensive or offensive movements, nor an airborne shooter, we can't have a personal foul.