View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 18, 2006, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef
Non-Important Call: If the arrow goes to the Team B and they score a 3 pointer and win by one point and you not sticking with the "right" call took a possession away form Team A in which they may have scored. Get the call right and leave your egos in the locker room, especially as in this case that veteran official was wrong.
Personally I do not know how you would have a double dribble with hands of the defender all over the ball to the point there is a held ball seen by another official. I did not see the play, but I would be glad that someone felt that there was something else taking place in such a close play like that. If I call a double dribble and it was not there, that is going to be a much more scrutinized call than any held ball. You better get that call right. The problem is you are coming at this about egos, I am talking about survival. I could give a damn about the egos involved. But if you are the younger, less respected official calling a violation that is not there, who do you think is not going to get the benefit of the doubt? Who do you think might not be working anymore in that conference for making a possible big call on something that is border line at best? You tell me.

Peace