View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Geeze, I hate to say this after all the fun that I've made of IAABO in the past, but I asked a pretty well-known IAABO rules interpreter who doesn't want his name used...ever. It wasn't Chuck either. I have the utmost respect for this gentlemen's rules acumen.....as I also do for Chuck's...but that certainly doesn't mean that he can't be wrong. We all are sometimes. His interpretation, as well as mine, was that the items in the parentheses are examples of players that are not involved in the play....and that not being involved in the play meant that they didn't have the ball and weren't about to receive the ball. They might be "attempting to receive a pass" by trying to get open,but they aren't actually in the act of receiving the pass.
Exactly. I didn't say it was well written or that it wasn't poorly worded. But the info within the parenthesis is refering to the player being fouled, not the player doing the fouling. It's that simple.

Some of you guys and gal are making this entirely too complicated.

You've been officials long enough to know how the Fed words these things and that they can word it poorly with little effort.

I stand by my original statement.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith