Thread: Suspension
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:14am
Do not give a damn!!

All of this would depend on the type of organizational structure you are under. The only association that matters where I live is the state organization. Local official's associations have no power over assignments and they definitely have no power over what another organization. Also an HS assignor can hire anyone they want regardless of affiliation as long as they are hiring you with a HS license. In my state we are independent contractors and we can work for whoever we want to in or out of the state. Also our HS license has nothing to do with college or JH and AAU assignments. This is the system I work under. It appears that the system I work under is very different than a great deal of the country. I do not think anyone can answer exactly what rules you fall under, but if you are really an independent contractor, not sure how one organization can have so much power over what you do in your officiating career. This is not something that might apply in that area but will not apply in another area.

Peace