View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTQ_Blue
Here in VA we will be playing for another 2 weeks or so. I'm looking forward to the offseason to lick my wounds and heal. Don't heal as fast as I used to, which is something many of us know all to well.

I thought the walking wounded among us could post a list of bang and bumps from this season that still hurt, that hopefully won't still hurt next spring.

For starters:

1. I took a fastball dead on my cup last week when catcher couldn't get his glove on an inside pitch. Here in VA they let 11 and 12 year old kids play on the 90' field with the 13/14 y/o's in the fall. I think I had one of those 11 y/o's catching. It still hurts.

2. Earlier in the season I took one dead on the knee area of the shin guard, same circumstances. I guess I can expect a couple of non-caught balls per season when I work Junior level Little League.

2. I got hit on my right index finger with a foul off the plate that bounced off the catcher's gear back in June. Was hurting for several months but finally starting to get better.

3. A kid just missed me twice in a row throwing his bat in a game last week, even after I had warned him the first time. I sure hope I don't see his team for the rest of the year.

Mike

Please let us all know how you intend to lick the wound you listed as #1. If I could do that I would quit all sports officiating and stay home all day!