View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
So when that 16 yo pops up at 3B after a head-first slide and tells the coach she needs a new set of nipples.....
That actually happened in a college game I was working about 20 years ago. It was at a small Christian school in Costa Mesa, CA. I was the PU in the second game of a DH, and a home team batter lined a hit into right-center, and made a head first slide into 3B. My partner signalled, "safe", and then, "time out". The runner (who was WELL ENDOWED) got up, stepped off the bag and while brushing herself off, conversed with the 3B coach. My partner all-of-a-sudden got a HUGE grin on his face and turned away. Between innings, I asked him what was so funny. While the runner was brushing herself off, the coach asked her if she was okay. Her reply was, "Yeah. I just need a new set of nipples".

So you can see, many remarks in jest, actually are true.

I was working alone in a HS Frosh softball game. Batter fouls a pitch that came up and hit her.

Me: "Foul ball. Hit her in the box". Three boys who were spectators fell on the ground laughing. That's what I realized what I had said.

Bob