View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Hmmm...let's see...looking back on all the times I had to get between players I have never once (that I can remember) blown my whistle. Or even (gawd forbid) used my whistle as a weapon. If I have go in I am not going in with the whistle in my mouth. When things calm down I'll hit the whistle before making the T sign. OTOH...if I think a quick T is all that's needed then I'll do that, but certainly never to stun anyone with the whistle. If you use your whistle as a weapon then you shouldn't be surprised when someone takes exception and retaliates.

As to the original question...if you need to go get between players then spit the whistle. If you think a quick T is what's needed then hit the whistle & T away. Do whatever needs to be done, don't worry that your partner is reporting a foul. You'll sort everything out after.
Agree. I'm not going to have my whistle in my mounth when I'm between the players. I've either already blown it on the way in or will not be blowing it at all unless something else happens that draws a T....just like I said in my original post. I think the point of the whistle on the way in is to get everyone's attention (including your partner who may be reporting with his/her back to the situation).