View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 11:18pm
Broadcaster

Running clock, boy was it ever!

The game I just left was a wild one indeed. GHSA. Home team lost seven games since 2000, visitors won four in the same time period. UGLY. Game was 42-0 at the half.

Here's where it gets interesting. Home team emptied the bench at halftime. Visiting team fumbled on their first drive of the second half. Home team scored on the next drive. Visiting team muffed the deep kickoff. Home team scored on the next drive. Visiting team muffed the deep kickoff again. Home team scored on the next drive. The clock never stopped. Not after the touchdowns, not after penalties. Heck, a linebacker on the visiting team blasted through the line before the ball was snapped and leveled the QB leading to an UC and ejection, and the clock still kept running while the refs deliberated and the yards were marked off! It was probably a good thing as the final score was 63-0 with the winning team never throwing a pass in the whole second half.

Overall a well-officiated game. I was just amazed at the clock never stopping except at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter. In this case, I was all for it.