View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 11, 2006, 02:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
I don't know if this was bought up before but I could not find an answer.

I was curious -- sometimes when I run up court i have my arms bent at a 90degree angle and when the game is a blowout i run up more with a 45degree bend. I know this is wrong because one should always run with 90degree angle no matter what the score is but there is no advantage/disadvantage gained.

I couldn't find any ruling from the NFHS regarding this but it appears that in NCAA-W its 90degree on a fast break but 45degree on normal transition whereas with the mens its 90degree only during inbouds after a timeout that was called before a technical was issued and 45degree all other times.

What do you do and think regarding this and I really hope the FED addresses this soon before we have a social meltdown and if you could back it up with case studies I would appreciate it.
Be careful, even if the FED does address it, as soon as it is no longer printed verbatim in the most recent edition of the rule book, what ever ruling the FED provides will no longer be valid. Even in absence of a retraction or superceding rule.