View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
1) I am disagreeing with your position that it would be wrong to use the NCAA Mechanic when with all the information that has been given the NCAA Women's Mechanic and the NF mechanic are basically the same.

2)You might not be aware, but that is the NCAA Women's Mechanic. What does not seemed to be clear to me and to many others, is do we completely eliminate the other signals (block, push, illegal use of hands) and use only the TC signal when calling a TC foul. The book in my opinion talks more about the using of this signal to eliminate confusion with a PC foul.
1) Would you care to point out exactly where I took that position in this thread? Or where I took any position in this thread?

2) You might not be aware either, but the complete foul reporting procedure is on P36 & 37 of the current NFHS Officials Manual. #231(d) on p.37 states that you only use a single signal for PC fouls. It doesn't mention using a single signal for TC fouls also, and there's nothing on the FED website that says anything different either. The FED couldn't be any clearer on what they want done imo. All you have to do really is read #230 and #231.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Oct 10, 2006 at 03:30pm.