View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
after you have done micromanaging weather to blow-raise fist-point fist and call offensive versus blow-point-call-raise or whatever chain of events you chose make sure you actually remember to report and do some jumping jacks. I dont see what the huge deal is and why some people get so bent out of shape if somepeople just blow-point-yell offensive and some blow-raise-point-yell and some blow-raise-point and some blow-point-raise. Just make sure what you do is communicated with your partner and that the teams know what going on. me personally sometimes i might blow-point-yell and sometimes i might blow-raise-point-yell (by point of course i mean close fisted because the game might cease to exist if i forget that part).

flame me if you must but I dont see the big deal with blow-point-yell and blow-raise-point-yell. in the end get the call right, communicate and hustle. i personally dont care much about being off on a mechanic or not rather than being off in judgement and rule knowledge and application. IMO there are very few officials out there who are flawless at mechanics, rules knowledge and application, and game management. Usually I have learned and seen that out of those 4 most officials will be very good at 3 and not so good at 1. just the nature of the beast i suppose. I focus on the latter 3 and in time my mechanics will have to catch up. I am still working on rules and I am basically only really good at game management and decent at rules application and knowledge.
Nuf Said! I agree!