View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 10, 2006, 02:44pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
1) As much as I hate when officials blatantly ignore NF mechanics, I have to disagree with your position.

2) The NF has not made it clear what sequence the signal is supposed to be used. Of course the NF has put the information how they want this to be covered through Referee Magazine, but when you look at actually NF books, there is almost no mention of the sequence or order is to make all those signals or when to use those signals. I think the NF is doing a terrible job to show something that is very easy to do. It is one thing to list a signal chart. If you have a sequence that you only want to be uses, why not make that clear in the signal chart?
1) What position of mine are you disagreeing with? If you re-read my post, all I did was ask a few questions- without taking ANY position at all.

2) Say WHAT? The NFHS posted the exact signaling sequence on their website back in May. It's still posted there. That's noted in my post of Oct. 6. And as Z posted at the start of this thread, you can find the correct new signaling sequence laid out on page 72 of this year's rule book. Signal #4 followed by signal #34. The FED couldn't be any clearer imo.