View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 10, 2006, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D
I got hit this weekend and may be out for a couple of weeks. I'll see a doctor today. I was the SJ and was working wide enough (I was wide of the sideline) but I think there was a fumble. One player rolled into me and was lieing on me feet. No problem except I'm stuck. I saw a player come running from the middle of the field and he dover over the pile. I saw him comming but I could not move or jump or turn or anything. Full force straight into my right knee. I went down and stayed down for a while. I didn't feel or hear a pop and there is no pain if I am sitting or standing - I just can't walk too well at the moment. I hope it's just hyperextended. Boy, when I happened I thought I broke the sucker!

Well the good news is no ligament, tendon, cartilage damage and no break. I did "dent" the tibia, though. Technically it's called a compression fracture even though there is no break. The orthopedic guy say it's at the top of the tibia which gets more blood than down my the bottom by the anke so it will heal more quickly. I'm going to try for Umpiring on the 27th - we'll see how it goes.