View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 09, 2006, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

We may or may not disagree on a number of things, but I absolutley disagree with what you have written here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
The batter is up in the box, the catcher is up to the back edge of the plate. All legal in ASA.
ASA Rule 1 - Definitions
Catcher's Box - The area defined by lines which are considered within the catchers box. The catcher's body and equipment are considered within the box unless touching the ground outside the box. The catcher must remain in the box until (FP) the pitch is released.

ASA Rule 2.3 - The Playing Field
D. The catcher's box shall be 10 feet in length from the rear outside corners of the batter's boxes and 8 feet 5 inches wide.

ASA Rule 6.5 - Pitching Regulations (Fast Pitch)
Defensive Positioning
A. The pitcher shall not deliver a pitch unless all defensive players are positioned in fair territory, except the catcher who must be in the catcher's box.

ASA Rule 6.7 Catcher
A. The catcher must remain within the lines of the catcher's box until the pitch is released.

If the catcher's feet are up to the back edge of home plate, or anywhere outside the catcher's box, I will not let the pitcher pitch until the catcher moves back.

In my game, I had this sitch and asked the catcher to move back. In real time, I told the catcher that she could be called for CO. With the benefit of hindsight and this message board, the correct comment would be: Failure to do so will result in a NO PITCH.

If you do not agree with me on this, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

If you think this is over-officiating, then we will have to agree to disagree on this as well.