View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 07, 2000, 05:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Angry

Guess what mrsref? I have recruited and trained refs for games involving 10 year old girls and I've yet to see one of these games held in anything other than an elementary school gym. So Ernie is setting up at trail at the division line? Big deal. He's still probably a lot closer than where he would normally be in a high school gym. Straightlined? How can you get straightlined when the players are only four and a half feet tall? As for calling out of his area - whenever I scheduled a veteran official with a newbie, I encouraged them to make those calls if the other guy misses them (which new officials always do), then discuss them later with the new official.

BTW - do you know how hard it is to find veteran officials willing to even work games involving 10 year olds? I do. It's virtually impossible. So he made two or three calls during a game you didn't like. Kwitcherbellyakin!

Ernie doesn't deserve criticism, he deserves a medal. When guys like Ernie finally do retire, you'll be complaining about how inexperienced all the refs are at this level.