View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Question

Alright guys 1st year doing basketball and have had 4 sets of games so far.

Here's the question yesterday 7th grade girls team A has a big physical team, Team B does not. Game starts team A is playing very physical 1st time out in the game my veteren partner come over to warn me to keep an extra eye out so somebody doesnt get hurt badly lets try to keep it under control BUT here's where team B coach screws up in my opinion instead of keep playing his skill game and see if team A doesnt start getting into foul trouble he decides to tell his girls to play physical with them and loud enough for everybody to hear and understand. Will it doesnt work we called over 40 fouls in the game and the game last forever. Coach B decides about 4th quarter this isnt working so late in the ball game he decides to start crying every time his team has the ball or takes a shot "That's a FOUL!". The fouls where pretty will split with each team having over 20 fouls each and both had one player fouled out only because each team had 10 players and coach's kept there subs in alot. My partner did try to talk to the coaches in the early part of the game to try to calm it down but they never did

Question on this long winded tale is any suggestions by the vets on how to better handle this situation

Thanks

Don the Rookie