Thread: Glasses
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I also wear contacts only when I'm working games. I find them somewhat uncomfortable the first couple of games, but I adjust as the season rolls along. I can wear glasses through games, but the contacts are more practical since they don't slide down my nose when I sweat.

I understand your fear of going back to contacts, but I'd recommend trying it. Buy only the most expensive solution from the biggest name manufacturers. That will assuage your fears a little until you feel some trust in the system again.

Still, glasses are practical enough if you choose them carefully, and manage them appropriately. You might get a special pair just for reffing. They've got some beastly expensive but very safe flexible metal frames that look snappy and would be less subject to damage if you got hit with the ball.

I think you will overcome the "you need those glasses" stuff by being very good (which you obviously are) and very personable. Unless your correction is so bad that you look like you're peering through a star-gazing telescope, I think a person can get past this problem.