View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 04:39am
Official Forum Member

IMO and in our crews when you have a foul call it. Neither team should be allowed free fouls because of a "it's not in my territory excuse". They'll be enough fouls that get missed in a game where we just don't see the whole play good enough to make the call, IMO we should never let an obvious foul go without a flag. If I see a player in motion prior to the QB going under center then I've got a flag (and I'm the U) unless he stops and sets prior to the snap.

I'll also flag the play when I see a WR in motion when I've got 3 backs behind the QB (illegal formation).

After learning the hard way (several times), when these went unflagged, I now go strictly by the, if you've got a foul, flag it.

You can always pick a flag up, but there's no good way to throw a flag when A has just scored a 95 yard TD on a play where we should have had a flag at the snap due to an obvious formation or illegal motion foul.