View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 20, 2002, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi
Mike Rowe
DASA DUIC
"soon" to be ex-NASO Member

What is this???? Am I to assume that this is in response to their decision that softball is not a major sport?
I believe in sports organizations and publications which handle sports. SI & TSN barely recognize anything that is not associated with the Top 25 of Div I & Div I-A sports. Nothing else exists. I do not support them. ESPN's Sports Center does not always provide complete information, but often supplies only Top 25 or Div I-A reports. They are not on my "must see" TV list.

I have also communicated with NASO in the manner in which they initiate resubscription notices. While is may be a neat marketing scheme, I consider it an insult and have told them so. They don't care, period. NASO has some decent programs, if you are willing to pay for them, but they offer nothing of which would be a benefit to myself. At least nothing worth the $72+ annual membership fee.

They have developed into the same type of organization SI, TSN & ESPN have in respect to their target market. As long as they have the high-profile folks in their fold, my membership is just icing for their cake, not mine.

Thanks for asking.