View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 12:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRICE
The important part of this is that the case book says " ...the controlled toss of the ball...".

So.... this is NOT an interrupted dribble.

Finally, as we know, also, and it is stated on Page 56 of the Rule Book...Section 3 Article 2 NOTE: "The dribbler has committed a violation if he/she steps on or outside a boundary even though he/she is not touching the ball while he/she is out of bounds."

For what it is worth...... (and I admit it may not be worth much ) the Rules Committee has been notified of this information and I would bet we will see that case changed in next year's book.
The problem I have with your opinion on this is not illegal to start a dribble over the line. The ruling that the NF has given in the past if during the dribble the ball handler steps on the line then it would be illegal. I think you are taking one part of the rule and trying to string them together. In my opinion your point does not wash. I do not think the NF or any other code that has similar rules intended to have your situation ruled as a violation. I think that would be overly technical to make such a call. It is always allowed for a player to save the ball while over the out of bounds lines. Please do not make this call.

Peace