Thread: Well shoot...
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryS
OK...I was so looking forward to the season. The two weeks ago I was involved in a serious auto accident. The fractured left wrist will come out of the plaster right about the start of the season. However, I also have a transverse process fractuer of L4 in the back.

I stepped on a treadmill this weekend and just took a leisurely 2 mile walk and the next morning could barely get out off bed. Doctors just say to "use my judgement on what to do...time will heal it." Anyone have (or know of anyone) with experience related to this type of injury? If walking 2 miles two weeks later makes it hurt this bad, how long before I can run full out for a basketball game?

I'm lucky to be breathing, but this is going to get frustrating real fast.
Had a friend/fellow official fall off a roof and suffered a similar injury. The guy was fit, but he had to take the year off. He came back last year on a limited basis (2 nights per week) and has been good to go.

When it comes to a back injury, time is better spent getting as healed as possible because back surgery is down the list for making a full recovery. Most doctors will tell you that your back will never be the same.

Take it easy now, and come back at the right time, don't rush it. Good luck.