View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Just checking to see if I'm the only one with this problem....I can't stop myself from working lower level basketball. I've had a very good varsity schedule for a couple of seasons now, including my first college games this season. The last 2 years I've been telling myself I am cutting out almost anything less than varsity. Now I've found myself with varsity every Tuesday and Friday (and a few Saturdays) and a bunch of lower level games pushing my total dates up to around 50. I'm selective about where I work (I choose the schools I really enjoy and the ones that are close). I know I'll be burnt out at the end of the season, but this time of year I'm looking so forward to the games (and of course honestly the money) that I have a hard time saying no. Anyway, did anyone else have this problem and how do you get yourself to say no?
My assignor knows that he can call me to work a lower level game if he gets in a pickle. However, I have no problem saying no if I have been gone a couple nights in a row because I have a four-year old boy.