View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Are these real games or are these games still in the off-season. If they are in the off-season, I would assume that these games are not a regular stop-clock game.
Why assume that? Nearly all of the off-season school-related games I work are normal stop-clock games. Only a few are running clock. Even if they are running clock, they're only a little shorter than regular games as the time put on the clock us most always more than 8 minutes/quarter. The running clock is just used to make the length more predictable and make the table's job easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Respect for the game has nothing to do with this during any part of the season or off-season. If the games are assigned that way, you do what you are told.
No, I decline the games if I feel I can't do them well. The players deserve that. It may be too many in a row or too many in any given time window to be sharp and focused .
I'd NEVER accept 3 varity games in a row (we work 2-man here). I even hesitate to work 2 varsity games in a row. It depends on the intensity I expect in the game. I don't take extra games for the money...EVER.

However, If we did work 3-man, I'd easily do 2 games without having to think about it and possibly 3. The benefits of 3-man certainly include reduced physical exertion.