Thread: 3 man
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 05:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
had the pleasure of doing my first live three man game...thank God for you vets...2 of us were newbies to this system..did some camps and scimmages but was as nervous as when i did my first game...broke in on the jv game and carried onto the varsity game...finally started to flow half way through the varsity game...any suggestions for us officals that are just coming into this system?
This is a natural feeling being nervous, this is my seventh season and I have been doing 3 man for 6 years and every game it normally takes at least 1Qtr to get the feeling and have the flow going. especially if you haven't worked with your partners before. I did a 3 man HS boys monday with partner even newer than me and it took about 10 mins for us to get the feel of each other. My 3 main things to remember of course there are more, but. 1: keep a third eye on your partners and communicate with them and watch for rotation, make sure they know what you called and visa versa 2: watch your area/know your area and then most important to me, is 3: trust your partner. Some of the vets will probably give you more and there are more. If you have a thorough pregame with your partners this will make the communications much easier. Nevadaref said it short and concise

Good Luck! Oh yea, enjoy and have fun doing it.