View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Sheez, Camron, relax! People didn't think the country would survive women voting, and it's made it 80 years so far. I doubt one legal ruling that you don't agree with in Winnipeg will be the end of life as we know it...
Juulie, I think you misunderstand me. I think this ruling (as it stands) can in no way be beneficial to women's sports or women in general. If the gender designations for sports teams is eliminated, I think that opportunities for women will suffer as men would also be allowed on women's teams.

Given the genetic differences, do you really think that the very best women could compete head-to-head against even the 2nd tier of men in physical sports where speed, height, and/or strength are critical elements.

I'm all for promoting womens sports and opportunities for women. In fact, I ran a church league for several years where I made great efforts in to ensure that the women had the same opportunities to play as the men....putting more effort into that than running the men's events. I had a lot of feedback from several of the women who were appreciative of my efforts...because no one else in my position before me had even tried to establish sports for the women.