View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack
Third-year official who's seen it happen exactly twice.
.. snip out the #$%# ..
First of all, the official that surprised me that this is a foul was the "R" in the original post. If you want to take on the "R" role, you better know what you are doing.

Then you pop off with some $%#^ language probably thinking I was referring to your post. Really shows you want to learn for a third year guy.

If you say you have seen this twice before, then tell me did you even bother to ask your crew members or other officials whether this was a flag or not?

If there were some puzzled looks because they were not sure, then I hope you pulled out the book an re-read chapter 6 and then asked the same question in your chapter meetings.
Maybe those who told you to flag it would stand up to defend their position and be enlightened as to why they think this is a flag.

It's not a bad question, not even a naive question because I believe that the lower level coaches think it is a foul. Sure some of your chapter officials will snicker at you, ignore it you'll get that all the time. But at least you'll get the correct answer as has been provided here and know how to react to play in the future.