View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire99
I don't worry much about my stance. I adjust it from batter to batter. It doesn't really matter how I stand. I know that I am the only one on the field who knows the difference between a ball and a strike. This includes my partner on most occasions.
Hooked 'em again...but you're no Lance...

Anyways...I worked my first game ever in the GD stance (tm) last night. After working for 6 years in the scissors I decided to try the switch based on comments from a lot of persons (internet posters and others) of the long term risks of injury from working the scissors.

I will say that I saw the pitches really, really well. It was a little weird being so far behind the catcher AND so high above the catcher (instead of chin at the top of the catcher's helmet), but I think I got used to it by the 3rd or 4th inning. I am a little sore this morning, as one definitely uses different leg muscles using the GD than the scissors. But the good news is that the sore parts are all muscles and NOT joints...which means I can "train" the muscles and I'm sure they won't be sore after a few more games.