View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with ignoring it if there is no advantage gained (he's not trying to be deceive) however I don't necessarily agree with trying to get them in either. He was standing four feet in front of my LJ in my last example with the HC standing right behind him. Had my LJ told him to get inside the numbers, especially when the snap was imminent and caused the WR to either false start or go in motion/shift illegally, then it's our fault and the HC most likely would've been upset at us for telling his player what to do. Therefore, we do everything we can not to coach per se. In other words, the classic example is that our wings will point out the LOS and will tell the split end if he's on or off the line, but we will not tell him to "move up" or "move back". Because the second we do that and he tells the coach that we're telling him where to go (in his words) then we're responsible. Not to mention all of this is technically unfair to the other coach. As always, we just need to use common sense and err on the side of caution--both literally and what our perception might be to others--and we'll be fine.