View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
As I've mentioned a couple times, I live and officiate in Western Massachusetts. I'm close to Springfield, which many of you probably know is the "Birthplace of Basketball". One of the nice things about being here is that I'm close to the Basketball Hall of Fame. I've visited several times and as an official, I get some benefits for being involved with the Hall.

This year, our association's banquet will be held at the HOF and we will be given a private tour of the new HOF building being erected next to the current Hall. I think that will be interesting.

But even more fun is the fact that the HOF is sponsoring a HS tournament in Springfield this weekend. They're bringing in really BIG high school teams from other areas of the country and it should be very exciting basketball. We'll get to see DeMatha (from MD, I think) and Morgan Wootten, among others.

Even MORE exciting yet, is that I've just been asked to officiate one of the "lower tier" games. I won't get to do DeMatha (darn), but I will work a game between two of our New England prep schools that should be better than any of the public high school games in my area.

If you'd like to get a listing of the teams playing, or to learn more about the HOF, go to their official website:

www.hoophall.com

Chuck