View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 12:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink You cannot listen to announcers.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

I watched most of it, but not all. My only complaint about the officiating, if I may be so bold, was that Ted Valentine confused the heck out of me on one of his OOB calls. He was the lead official and the ball squirted OOB over the endline, but across the lane from him. He came across and then proceeded to point both directions several times. He was obviously trying to tell us which player had touched it last: "Off you, going this way, off you, going this way!!"

But to anyone who was not standing right next to him, it looked like "Maryland, no Duke! No, Maryland! No, Duke!

It was probably the right call, I couldn't tell from my couch, but the signal was awful.

Chuck
You should know by now that announcers do not have a clue half the time. Even coaches do not have a clue and that is when you give one signal. Valentine was just selling the call because it was not so obvious to everyone that the player touched it. He pointed at the guy that last touched it, then pointed the way it was going. I have even implemented that into my game. Because if I point at the guy that last touched it, it is hard to tell me I did not see it very clearly. Yeah they can argue, but I can better explain it if it comes up as an issue.

Peace