Thread: Mark Cuban
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Just my opinion, but in a way I think they have both (Cuban and Stern) let this get personal. From talking to many fans in the Dallas area and where business takes me (and like it or not, the fans are of VITAL importance to the league), the vast majority think Cuban has a point but needs to learn to communicate better and through proper channels. Putting aside the dicussion on whether Cuban has a point, most feel the league is scared to look at the numbers Cuban has hired people to compile or conduct their own study.

You may also be suprised to know that everyone (fan) I spoke with thinks the officials are calling and interpreting the way they have been instructed. In other words, they put the blame on the owners. Lastly, they think Stern needs to remember that Cuban is one of the people he works for.

Personal opinion, if "the league" would simply say; "Mark, shut up. We will look into what you are saying but your antics, while the may be helping get you team and DQ a lot of free press, are hurting the league." I think things would get better fast. I could be reading Cuban totally wrong, my feeling is that he just wants somebody to listen to what he has to say and acknowledge that if ANYONE thinks he is right, doesn't matter if he is, and things are getting worse then they need to look at why the fans feel that way and address it.

I would be shocked if they take away picks. But hey, I've been wrong before