View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 22, 2006, 12:21am
Resident VB Rules Guru

Send a message via AIM to MCBear Send a message via MSN to MCBear Send a message via Yahoo to MCBear Send a message via Skype™ to MCBear
1) The only instance where I would have any action taken is if the team that is serving comes to me and says that the fans are making derogatory remarks or harassing the server. At that point, I stop the match momentarily and have Site Management deal with the situation. If that does not help, then I stop the match and will suspend it until the situation is satisfactorily dealt with.

2) If the students have a cowbell, guess what? We are not going to play until it is removed from the premises. This is not USAV ball where drums, cymbals, gongs and triangles are allowed (if you have ever worked a Juniors match with any teams from Puerto Rico, you KNOW exactly what I am talking about!). Artificial noisemakers are prohibited by most State Associations and, as a result, we will not proceed until they are gone.

As far as what it takes for me to get Site Management involved: a specific complaint from the visiting captain; I hear something that is not kosher and need to have it dealt with; or the situation is one that I feel Site Management needs to deal with before it gets bigger and is no longer manageable from a safety standpoint. Hope that is some help.
CIF State Volleyball State Championships Referee (2005), Scorekeeper (2006-2007) & Libero Tracker (2010)
PAVO State Referee (2014) / PAVO Certified Scorekeeper (2014) / PAVO Certified Line Judge (2012)
USAV Junior National Referee (resigned 2013) / USAV National Scorekeeper (2014)