View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 19, 2006, 04:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
1st season baby!!!! Woohooooooo! Hence, that's why I need all of you to teach me everything I need to know about officiating! =) It isn't that easy to take a multiple choice test, especially when you have to read 200 questions and over 1,000 possible answers. By the 50th questions of A1 pushing B1 and simultaneously B2 ran into A3, and both coaches moving out of the coaching box, someone is bound to misread a question or two and answer it incorrectly. Not to include your eyes and mind will probably be out of it after reading such boring materials.

Hey Jurassic, when was the last time you took a course at a University? Not that it matters, just wondering…
Iirc, I took various University and other professional courses to upgrade, stay current and just because I was interested until just before I turned 50. The last courses that I took were computer-related.

Btw, I always found multiple choice tests easy, as long as I did the proper studying first to learn the subject. Iow, they're no different than the current NFHS tests. Cheating works just as well, but I always thought that the cheater was just cheating himself. That's just me though.

The rules might be boring, but they're kinda necessary to know if you really want to be a good official imo.