Thread: LL Bat Question
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Now, I do sometimes post questions here, but I try to frame them in terms of the interests and experience of most of the posters.

I joined this late but IMO your aforementioned statement is not true.

What TEE and others are trying to tell you is this.

Do some homework first.

Since Dan is young let's put it in his terms. He has an English class and he was told to read Shakespear's Hamlet. The next day the teacher comes in and starts asking questions about Hamlet. Some teachers pick at random.

The teacher asks Dan some basic questions about the play and Dan stays silent.

The first question from the teacher will be "Dan did you read the play"

That is all that is being done here. No-one has a problem answering questions to try and help someone but when it's apparent that an individual didn't take the time to read, that is what annoys people.

Here's an example of a valid question after reading the OBR rule-book. B1 grounds to F6, beats the play but misses first base.

Question? does the runner have to be tagged to be put out or can F3 simply make a valid appeal and step on the bag.

Answer: It depends upon the type of action ie; Relaxed vs. Unrelaxed.

One will not find those terms in the rule-book , hence a valid question.

Therefore, to sum up IMO posters here will answer anything even if they are not particularly interested in the subject matter, but they also do not want to get "hosed" either when it's apparent that someone does not want to do home-work ala when we get FED test questions posted on this site to help someone past the test without reading the rule / case book.

Pete Booth