Thread: LL Bat Question
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

You've got problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
"Tim has long established that he doesn't care about basic issues of game management like player eligibility, which is why he'd be eaten alive by Little League managers."

OK, I'm caught . . . you write for Leno and you're just acting like a child, right?

"Eaten alive by a Little League manager" . . . this is really getting funny.

I do not worry about "player eligibilty" as in real baseball that is not a real umpire's responsibility.

Give me a break.

Read a rule book, umpire some games and get back to me.

Thanks for writing in full thoughts with periods and stuff, that was cool.

Regards,
Tim, you shouldn't be able to read this. You may want to report to the site administration that the Ignore list isn't working.

On the other hand, I don't know to whom you should report that you can't read. You are misquoting me again. A hint: Dan didn't call you out on your Little League game management skills; LilLeaguer did. Thanks for the compliment on my writing skills, though.

As to why you need to bluster about your ability to manage a game in an organization that you don't want to work in, I could theorize, but I don't believe in pop psychology over the internet. In Little League games, an umpire's lack of knowledge about player eligibility may well be critical, and I have known games that went seriously off the rails because of that. Now, perhaps, you could have kept those games under control, but since you aren't even willing to take on the basic responsibilities of a trained Little League umpire, I have to quote Garth, "coulda woulda shoulda."