View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Game postponed due to wet field???

Ever have that happen? I called my AD to confirm tonight's game and he returned my call with this "wishy-washy" explanation about whether we should really play the game tonight.

He was basically trying to feel me out on whether I thought we should call the game. I'm in Philadelphia and it's SUNNY right now (3:09pm) outside my high rise with some blue skies and clouds. It was raining last night and all morning.

I told him I couldn't call the game from my office due to weather conditions and referred him to my assignor. My assignor knows some history between the two schools and told me the home coach has a fast team and wants to play on a dry field. I realize that's NOT new news with any of you but the fact is it's not even raining at this point and the game is still 4 HOURS AWAY!

I just received a call from the AD who is very hesitant to play but told me the game will be on. I think my assignor gave him a hard time. BUT, he said I still may call you around 5 to cancel. I'm thinking WHAT???

I just need to get passed that 6:30 point where I can make them play.