View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
A Season on the Brink... Fall Ball

I've been off for several weeks now, as a result of moving back to school and quantity of games late August/ early September offers. This weekend "Fall Ball" really starts up, I'll be working 7 games. I'm excited to get back onto the field.

While its not a full season, I will treat it like it's one. Some goals I have for this mini-season (this will conclude my 2nd year of umpiring)

1) Keep working on timing as PU. See it, see it again, call it. Stay consistent throughout the whole game, and day, at the field on timing.

2) Dance the dance with coaches a little better. Know when to get vocal and when to bite your lip. Better understand what they are saying to you, so you can act appropriatly. Don't do anything towards coaches without thinking about it first.

3) Stop signaling OUT on can of corn flyballs.

4) Act as though I don't even have an indicator in my hand. I'm decent at this, but need to stop glancing at it all together.

5) Keep focusing on the bottom of the zone, each game is consistent, but day to day it is not.

Is there anything, in general, that I should begin to start worrying about as I begin to become more of an experienced umpire?

Also, what goals can you all set for yourself this fall?

Without setting goals, you won't get any better!