View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 05:29am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Oh, we're back to that again. Illinois is the only place in the world that counts. So sorry, but there are 49 other states which have people who work and play.
I did not say anything about Illinois (or any state for that matter) at all. I just know that you cannot compare your state final opportunities to what I have accomplished or what anyone has accomplished in their respective states. We do not work in the same system or follow the same qualifications to work post-season. You sound like those LL umpires on the baseball site trying to convince everyone that the guys they saw in the LL World Series are just as good as umpires working major college and pro ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
How nice of you to crap on all youth officials everywhere.
Perhaps it is because I enjoy giving some time to youngsters. Perhaps I have kids involved the league or a friend's kids are involved and they need a ref. Whatever the reasons are that people officiate youth sports, who the )^%#@ are you to judge them? I personally know three FIFA referees who despite working at the international and domestic professional level continue to officiate local youth soccer games.
These good people are out there doing something positive and you want to put them down. Once again you display your ignorance and lack of class.
Nevada, take a chill pill. I think you really need to get out of the hot sun. I work youth football and have worked in a youth league for many years. I also worked youth basketball and some baseball as well over my career. I also have never tried to fool myself into thinking that we are anymore than what we are to these kids than a "shirt." Most officials that work these games do so strictly for the money and could give a damn of much else. I played sports all my life and I cannot think of one time an official played some major role in my life. I could not even tell you how many officials were working our games at one time.

My role models were parents, teachers, my pastor and even a family friend that spent 20+ years in the military and I grew up with and went to school with his son who was my best friend. My girl-friend's oldest brother was Valedictorian at his HS in June and he did not even play sports. If you ask me you are putting too much emphasis on sports and the people in them. Of course sports can be a very important aspect of a kid’s growth, but that goes for any extra-curricular activity. No wonder why we have kids that think they are getting to the NBA or making the NFL with people like you. Maybe Maurice Clarrett had you as a role model.

Peace