Thread: coaches box
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:47am
Chain of Fools

I agree with Rut

The "get back" coach in HS football is as useless a thing as there is. Invariably they stand around and watch the game like everyone else instead of doing the "assigned" job.

Our older fields here are pretty narrow. I try to work with the staff's as best I can and will flag the sideline warning if I feel its the only way to start getting someone's attention.

What tickles me is when you start telling people to get back, the coaches start yelling immedately at the players. I love it when I get to say "Coach your players are fine, its your staff and support personnel I want out of the way."

The biggest problem I have now is the fact that our assigner told us last year to arrive earlier so the R& U can go track down the coaches and have the pre-game conference. The rest of us stay behind in our room and have to wait. Supposedly the assigner has developed the theory that the coaches don't want to talk to us 30 min. on the field before game time since they're "busy".

We've argued unsuccessfully so far that they don't want to talk to us period at any time except when they're *****ing during the game so who cares. The R & U can't find the coaches an hour before game time anyway. I end up never getting a chance to speak to the HC on my side until right before kick-off now.