View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 02, 2006, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
DUH! Have you considered that's because nobody gives a $hit about this?

Sorry to have ruffled feathers here. I didn't know it was that big of a deal. Also, I'm not ****ting on another group of referees to make a point as another poster said. ALL I'M SAYING is: I am looking at this championship from a basketball FAN'S point of view, not as a referee. I am also an NBA FAN. When I watched the NBA playoffs, I saw controversy in every game. In the WC games, it seems like the players just play the game and let the referees do their job. It could work in the NBA too, but the mentality of players and fans causes every game to have a lot of controversy. I'm not saying the refs are good or bad in either league. I am saying that I like the LEVEL OF CONTACT ALLOWED IN FIBA, compared to the NBA. I don't like seeing Dirk Nowitski or Dwayne Wade on the foul line to win games in the final seconds on touchy foul calls. I would rather see the games called much more like international play. The games have a nice flow to them and I enjoy watching. I like the way the FIBA refs manage the game as well.....that's all.....excuse me for living !!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN !

Last edited by dave30; Sat Sep 02, 2006 at 11:53pm.