View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 02, 2006, 03:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
I'm not on dope! I just didn't have a chance to get on the computer today. All I'm saying is I think the FIBA refs have been very consistent and managed the games very well. You don't see the constant whining and crying like you do in every NBA game and many college games. Even the USA fans I've talked to had no problem with the way the game was called against Greece. When is the last time an NBA team lost a playoff game and there weren't ten thousand people on the internet blasting the officials for "screwing us outta that game!". I work overnight so when I get off work, I am able to catch all the games on TV. I've watched quite a few of them and enjoyed the games very much. I feel like the officials are working hard and calling a fair game. Sure they miss a few, we all do, but the refs are solid for the most part and stay in the background. You don't see the refs becoming bigger than the game like you do at times in the NBA. There wasn't a single game in the Spurs/Mavericks or Mavericks/Heat or Pistons/Heat that didn't have major controversies.

Greece had a player slide over and attempt to draw a player control foul against Dwayne Wade. He was called for the block. He just calmly got up and raised his hand even though it was a very close call. It is refreshing to watch..