View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 01, 2006, 12:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
I think the FIBA officials have been outstanding. They have been very consistent. They allow contact that doesn't really affect the play. They make the calls that need to be called. They are really consistent on both ends of the floor. The offensive foul calls are consistent. You don't hear fans crying "We were robbed!' like you do in NCAA and NBA games. They call the game fairly and do not become bigger than the game. Give the FIBA refs some love !!!
I agree that they were mostly consistent on what was called, but the problem I had was how they called all over the court. The Lead official would call a foul no matter where the ball was. It seemed like there was a lot of ball watching and calling out of the area.

I watched the game with the USA and Greece live. The USA got beat fair and square and that game was called very well in my opinion. I just think that there were things I could not understand why they were being called by certain by certain officials? Then there was a play were Himerick (sp?) shot a 3 point shot and was creamed well after the ball was gone by the Greece center (THE BIG BLACK GUY ). I was wondering, who is watching the shooter?

It was obvious from early game that they were not allowing a lot of contact and most of the officials were very consistent in calling the game that way. I know I have walked away from watching not having any idea what mechanics are being used as it relates to coverages. Many times the Lead would call a foul on players almost outside the 3 point line on the opposite side of the lane.

Peace