View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 01, 2006, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran
a) feel better, heal well, friend.

b) yes, I'm chest-puffing. The Hirshbecks Dan I. and Ed Rap. are all from CT--a small state. John H. and Dan are from neighboring towns, Bridgeport (my hometown) and Stratford. Ed is from New Haven some 20 miles away. I've worked many games with is dad, and one with Eddie.

I know Greg Kosc came from Stratford as well, and I'm pretty sure Terry Tata was from Cheshire.

Not bad for us li'l Nutmeggers.

Ace
Terry Tata's sister used to live up the street from me, and I delivered her newspaper when I was 7. I also went to high school with Terry's grandson a whole 3 years ago.

All of this is random, I know, but like you said, for CT, to have quite a few big league guys is something to be proud of.

Tee, on your comment in regards to Timmons being "The Master of the Ankle High Strike", did you see any of the Mets-Rockies game last night? Marty Foster was just brutal, not only calling the low strike, but being terribly inconsistent with it. I know it was tough as a fan to watch that game just for the inconsistency Marty showed.