View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

I am a Yankee fan yes, but I am not blind to what my team does and I try to call it straight even if it doesn't benefit the Yankees.

When Casey slid into Jeter, he was out by two steps and could of just slid into the bag and took his out. Instead he slide away from the bag and into Jeter's legs. I got no problem with him doing that on a double play, but this was him trying to advance on a loose ball.

Then Casey brings his arms up and tries to plow through Wilson at first after already being out. I don't mind the contact so much as the way he did it.

Twice in one game should get him a Johnson fastball in the back. Got to protect your players from that kind of stuff. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRef
Kaliix - are you a Yankee fan??? It seems if the Yankees do these same types of things you described it is good hard nosed baseball and if someone else does it, it is dirty baseball!
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates