View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 11:02am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Do you think, after watching them over the last 6 weeks, that the Sox have any legitimate hope of reaching the playoffs? I'm not disavowing them. I'm just saying that 8 games behind the Yankees on August 31 -- and dropping -- leaves them out of October baseball. If they were the Twins, say, and were 8 games behind the Tigers -- but had been moving up the standings over the last 3 weeks -- I'd give them some chance.

But any realistic person, I think, has to say that the Red Sox will not make up that ground in the next 4 1/2 weeks. If they do, I'll be ecstatic and will gladly admit that I'm wrong right now. But I don't see how they can do it with the pitching they have and the really bad offense they're showing.
You never know, Chuck.

Remember the '88 Dodgers? That was probably the worst team, talent-wise, to ever win a World Series. They supposedly had no shot to win their division, then they had no shot to beat the Mets in the NLCS, and they definitely had no shot to beat the A's... who were supposed to be the best team since the '27 Yankees.

You never know....

Now let's all hold hands and sing "High Hopes"....

Actually, fuggedaboutit. Who are we kidding? The BoSox are as dead as Dan's dong......or the Cubbies.