Thread: Ratio
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Because of some family issues, I had decided not to check the board for a while, and look what happens while I'm gone!?!

Ray, I appreciate your approach to this. I want to point out one thing, though. For some reason, women don't tend to stick around on this board. I'm not sure why (unless it has to do with all the grunting and flea-picking y'all neanderthals do here). But I'd guess that associations where the ratio is more in the 10:1 ir 5:1 range are less likely to have people looking at this board simply because they will tend to have more women and thus fewer chances of being represented. So I suspect that you won't get a fair picture of the total situation throughout the United States.

For instance, I know for sure that all girls' ball in Seattle, and Philadelphia at the hs level is assigned by an association that is only for girls' ball. Both those associations have numbers more in the 5:1 or even 3:1 range, and they are both fairly large associations so the numbers will have more impact on national ratios.

I would think that the NFHS, and possibly the NCAA would have statistics we could refer to. Any clue how to do that research?