View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2002, 02:16am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb This works for me.

I agree with Tony on almost everything he said. But the one thing I do not do is run from them. If I am by them, so be it. I might respond if they ask nicely, but if they have the balls to get very confrontational with me standing right next to them, then at least I will know what the problem is. I think officials spend more time running than being able to stand next to the problem. And if that coach can only yell across the court all night about fouls, then I really tune them out. But if they have the courage or the tact to ask me what they need to when I am right in front of them, I will show them more respect and listen and answer questions when I can.

I think we cause more problems when we are always trying to get away from irate coaches. I have found if you are able to stand up to them, they back down or tone down their reatorhic. And I would at least like to know what they say so when they earn a T instead of being somewhere else and having to guess.

And considering that this is my 5th full year of varsity basketball, I have not averaged a T a year during for coach for conduct during that same time. So what I have done has worked well for me.

Peace