View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 28, 2006, 07:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

We really are not disagreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Yup, if the mechanic printed in Referee was lifted from the FED Illustrated book, it's almost sure to be completely correct. My point was that NASO was also selling their own mechanics books, and others, without those books having any apparent NFHS input and also lacking the FED label. Those mechanic books might be completely right also, but the only real approved mechanics book is the latest NFHS Officials Manual. That's the book that people should buy first.

Iow, you're right, we aren't really disagreeing about the FED comic book or anything out of it. It's some of the other stuff in some of the Referee/NASO publications that could possibly be wrong.
I see what you are saying. The Basketball Official's Guidebook that NASO put out was not an "Official" book. In the past there were things in this book that were not official mechanics or had some editorial points of view.

For the record I have not seen the Simplified and Illustrated book Basketball book yet. I will likely order them tomorrow.

Peace