View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 28, 2006, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Wow...that was eaisier than I thought.

I had another great camp this last weekend. Had a lot of good things said to me by several of my chapter officials and 75-80% of the evaluator comments were good. They mainly only gave me pointers about positioning and rotations (three whistle camp...and I have no experience in that during the regular season).

Yesterday there was an official that did not show for his game (didn't know about a schedule change). Two of the better 5A boys teams in our area were playing...a match up I wouldn't even sniff for a couple of years during the real season. Camp director told me to change and get in there. After a little hesitation (and questioning him if he was talking to me) I threw on my shirt, grabbed my whistle and took the floor.

I was really surprised how easy a game between two really good teams can be to call. I had to really stay focused and they were tougher to keep up with toward the end, but the game was fairly easy to officiate. I was a little concerned about the evaluator comments when it was over becuase I was concentrating on what I had been told and trying not to look really bad when put on the floor with good teams...you know, focusing on other stuff so much you forget to call fouls. But in all, a good evaluation.

That is two camps in a row where I got good evaluations. Its getting kind of hard not to get my hopes up for the coming season.

Hope this didn't come across as bragging...but I am ready for the season to start.